Skip to main content

Let the Shows Begin!

Helloooooooooo Universe! Let the Poet emerge from her sleeping shell and burst into a stream of color across the sky!

It's time y'all...the cocoon bursts open and I bubble forth... "Hellllllllllo" :)


This weekend is packed with action for me! I am honored to be featuring at 3 shows! THREE. Good things...they say... well you know the cliche.
Good THINGS! 






I am performing/reading at the La Puente Art Walk at 2 galleries, one solo and one with my husband, the Flutist, Juan Cardenas! 


SHOW DETAILS

Saturday March 15th at the La Puente Art Walk in the heart of the old Downtown District of La Puente!

*******************************************************************
7- 8pm

BLOOD LUST 2: THE RECKONING
https://www.facebook.com/events/309211422550908/

An all female art show revolving around the theme of Loss and Heartbreak including the debut of the Heartbreak poetry anthology, an all female anthology.


 I will be reading a select piece, perhaps 2 from this anthology. :) We'll be at the RiT Gallery.


ART, MUSIC, POETRY, VENDORS, FOOD, PERFORMANCE

Curated/Produced by Chris 'Cakeshop' Penalber
Poetry curated by Karineh Mahdessian
Located at the RiT Gallery.

*******************************************************************

8-9pm

THE RITES OF SPRING AT THE POETS CORNER (15825 Main St)
https://www.facebook.com/events/670010979712259/

Shed your inhibitions! Open Mic, DJam Session sign up all night!
Featuring Poetry, live music, dance, art, performances, creative cross-genre collaborations! 

Juan Cardenas will be accompanying me with his flute and vocals, and poetry!


POETRY, ART, DANCE, MUSIC, PERFORMANCE

Curated by Kimberly Cobian & Richard Torres
Located along Main St. Alcove (between Glendora/1st)


I'll be reading a selection from my new book -- an anthology of Erotica titled, ...and it happened under cover...  by NightWing Press: 






















*******************************************************************


Sunday's show is Colliding Rhymes!

Sunday March 16th at the McGroarty Arts Center in Tujunga
3:30pm

Colliding Rhymes - a specially curated show celebrating the Abstract in Art and in words... you dig! Curated by Joe DeCenzo




This is a part of the McGroarty Arts Center celebration of arts! 
The show begins at 3:30pm and is part of a charity event to help sustain the Arts Center.
Donation is $10

Other artists in the mix:

Sean Hill, Radomir Luza, Nicelle Davis, Joe DeCenzo, Just Kibbe, Neil McCarthy, and Jessica Wilson.

I will be performing with Juan Cardenas accompanying me on Flute.

Address: 7570 McGroarty Drive. Tujunga, CA 91042


I am so excited to do these shows! I can't wait! 
I hope to see you there. I am planning a lot of new work and a variety of expression in mixed medium with Juan Cardenas. You might even hear The Metaphors emerge!



I'll be selling books!
I have a few copies of In the Company of Women, the new Revolutionary Poets Brigade Anthology and Mosaic!


  

NEW and HOT OFF THE PRESS!



My other books can be purchased on Amazon.com or check out the publisher website!
Jessica Wilson Author page: http://www.amazon.com/Jessica-Wilson/e/B007KPZ0SA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1n10city

my brain is completely flooded i've rode this train before to a journey laden in cumbersome foot-stomps catching my frolic to the ground, tumbling over some man's arms, thick-legged brawn there is a part of me that says, 'you're too old for this'... maybe to know better is to be declarative and surrender to the certainties in life. however certain and present, the tornado will  follow. it's better to live submissive instead of dismissive to the velocity of life held out in front of you... like the last banana in the fruit bowl, or that chocolate cake you just want to lick. bowl to casket. each motion a delight.

When everyone was quarantined, I felt like

  "When everyone was quarantined, I felt like..."           I was caged,  my cord cut,            the outside was in,       and I  wasn’t ready for that. I felt like I was out of time                 – no way to re-plan my life,  no way to be by anyone’s side. I like mapping the scene,     feel heat amongst a crowd,  and now, to stay away from them,  I have to hide. Close myself off  my nature,  to enjoy parties  dancing, all the things               feel more alive…  When that door shut, a hurricane hit. JMWC 9/22/20 from class, Panorama High School, 2020

Sort of a Downer

It's birthday season again!  Yay...  (sarcasm) Gosh, it has been a while since Covid19 made its debut... I think I was thinking it would be gone by now. Yes, the foolish fantasy that we could continue with our lives after 2 weeks of lockdown, but here is August. It's nearly my birthday and I have been wrapping my head around just what I can do to celebrate. Sure, you can say, go low key. Or, "why not be low key, Jessica. Why's it gotta be a big party?". Well, to counter that I'd say, "F&*k off, it's my birthday bish!" But really , I would probably say: 1. I just came out of 3 years of being "Mama", as in new momma, as in "where the hell did Jessica go", as in "when the hell is Jessica coming back?" as in "what do the kids need now?" I haven't been out in a long time. Definitely not the way I used to go out.  2. It's a milestone birthday! Let me rock my milestone and set it off! That's what I