Skip to main content

Sending family off in style! Aloha, Cathy Cole!

CATHY COLE - the Spirit of Life Award Winner!

Cathy receiving her award at Bob's Espresso Bar!  (Photo by Victor Sotomayor)


ALOHA CATHY COLE!
We are saying "tootle-loo" to our great friend and family member, Cathy Cole! Cathy will be moving to Hawaii this weekend... 


Cathy tapping into our hearts! (Wearing her infamous, "Listen to Bob" shirt)
Cathy and her Ukulele!
The beautiful Cathy Cole playing at Writer Wednesday -- NoHo, Bob's Espresso Bar!
                            


Cathy joined the gang at Writer Wednesday since we began -- she came in with her Ukulele and her determination to play it -- plus her big beautiful smile! Her energy is so pure and giving...we all fell in love with her! Soon, she was writing songs and playing many many songs on her Uke! Cathy has been such an inspiration for all artists everywhere! We love your creative soul, and your faith in "smiling" away the dull moments, negative moments, and just ENJOYING LIFE!

Cathy wrote the theme song for Writer Wednesday at Bob's Espresso Bar!!! 


Click on the video, or you can take a listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF0bNh5J5SE 



I am going to miss Cathy tremendously, but I know we will see her again as a GUEST PERFORMER! Sending lots of love and hugs to Miss Cathy Cole! :)
 --  Jessica & Your family at Bob's!

Such a powerful message from a SURVIVOR with such a beautiful spirit!

Cathy, Thank you for all that you've given us, and the inspirations you've shared! We are going to have to go back to u-streaming the show just for Cathy because she is that loved!


speaking of the love... 

the Los Angeles Poet Society, driver behind Writer Wednesday, want to award E. Cathy Cole with the

Spirit of Life 
Award!!!

The Spirit of Life Award (SOL), is presented to a member of the Los Angeles community for their dedication to their creativity, and for being a driving force within their communities, serving spoonfuls of inspiration and camaraderie through art. 

Since her journey led her to Bob's for Writer Wednesday, Cathy has shown us her sorrows and dreams, and we've watched her transform that sorrow into beauty, and her dreams become concrete, through the vehicle of art and her determination. Each week, Cathy continued to learn her Ukulele, and soon master it to be able to write her own music! 

She has since created the theme song for Writer Wednesday at Bob's Espresso Bar, tap danced and sang, and featured for the Salon @ NoHo, and Writer Wednesday! Cathy's energy also led her to volunteer with the Los Angeles Poet Society for the 1st Annual Lit Crawl in LA, North Hollywood! 

She is a true inspiration and shares her love of the arts and zest for life with all of us! We are so proud of who she is and blessed to be a part of her life!  


Thank you, Cathy! It's an honor to give you this award, and name it for you all the years to come! Lots of love to you always!
- Jessica M. Wilson
Los Angeles Poet Society, Founder/President



Comments

  1. I am the fortunate recipient of her love in paradise.
    I am Floyd and Cathy and I are loving our life here together.
    She has written more than 25 songs to date and has Started recording them in a professional studio. She will compile a full CD of her songs likely in 2016.
    She has joined a couple of ukulele groups that meet weekly and play music together.
    She entered the Duke's Ukes competition a few months ago. She played and sang her first recorded song and won 3rd place in her division.
    SHE IS AMAZING and I am so blessed
    Floyd 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Floyd,
      That is so wonderful! I wish so much peace and blessings for you both. Cathy is a beautiful person! I love her and I am so happy you both are together on this journey! <3 xoox
      aloha! :D I am so proud of her!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

1n10city

my brain is completely flooded i've rode this train before to a journey laden in cumbersome foot-stomps catching my frolic to the ground, tumbling over some man's arms, thick-legged brawn there is a part of me that says, 'you're too old for this'... maybe to know better is to be declarative and surrender to the certainties in life. however certain and present, the tornado will  follow. it's better to live submissive instead of dismissive to the velocity of life held out in front of you... like the last banana in the fruit bowl, or that chocolate cake you just want to lick. bowl to casket. each motion a delight.

When everyone was quarantined, I felt like

  "When everyone was quarantined, I felt like..."           I was caged,  my cord cut,            the outside was in,       and I  wasn’t ready for that. I felt like I was out of time                 – no way to re-plan my life,  no way to be by anyone’s side. I like mapping the scene,     feel heat amongst a crowd,  and now, to stay away from them,  I have to hide. Close myself off  my nature,  to enjoy parties  dancing, all the things               feel more alive…  When that door shut, a hurricane hit. JMWC 9/22/20 from class, Panorama High School, 2020

Sort of a Downer

It's birthday season again!  Yay...  (sarcasm) Gosh, it has been a while since Covid19 made its debut... I think I was thinking it would be gone by now. Yes, the foolish fantasy that we could continue with our lives after 2 weeks of lockdown, but here is August. It's nearly my birthday and I have been wrapping my head around just what I can do to celebrate. Sure, you can say, go low key. Or, "why not be low key, Jessica. Why's it gotta be a big party?". Well, to counter that I'd say, "F&*k off, it's my birthday bish!" But really , I would probably say: 1. I just came out of 3 years of being "Mama", as in new momma, as in "where the hell did Jessica go", as in "when the hell is Jessica coming back?" as in "what do the kids need now?" I haven't been out in a long time. Definitely not the way I used to go out.  2. It's a milestone birthday! Let me rock my milestone and set it off! That's what I