Skip to main content

Still Remains

this is one of the most beautiful songs by Stone Temple Pilots!
















tell me, what do you think it means?



   "Still Remains"

our bed we live, our bed we sleep
making love and I become you
flesh is warm with naked feet
stabbing thorns and you become me
oh, I'd beg for you. Oh, you know I'll beg for you.


pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine

take a bath, I'll drink the water that you leave

if you should die before me
ask if you can bring a friend
pick a flower, hold your breath
and drift away...



she holds my hand we share a laugh,

slipping orange blossom breezes

love is still and sweat remains
a cherished gift unselfish feeling...
oh, I'd beg for you. Oh, you know I'll beg for you.



pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine

take a bath, I'll drink the water that you leave

if you should die before me
ask if you can bring a friend
pick a flower, hold your breath
and drift away...



she tells me things, I listen well

drink the wine and save the water

skin is smooth, I steal a glance
dragon flies "er" gliding over...
oh, I'll beg for you. Oh, you know I'll beg for you.



pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine

take a bath, I'll drink the water that you leave

if you should die before me
ask if you can bring a friend
pick a flower, hold your breath
and drift away...



Here I go... I want to sing it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm heading to the Moon!

     Since I was a little girl, I was in love with wind, the land, and the proximity of the moon. Her glowing face shed just enough grace to soothe my tears in its quiet light.  I felt the depth of her passion, her longing, her loneliness, her strength. I sought the eyes of her face; along with their color, and holding smile. She traced me along the footprint I patted down; little girl beating brown; a tiny hand of mud. 

Tangled in more Grapevines

Ways You Can Support 💜 Dear Friends, As I navigate some meaningful transitions this season, I’m reaching out with gratitude and humility. If you feel called to support, here are a few ways your kindness could truly help me and my little family right now: Help us get to León (August 14–21) so the kids and I can spend our birthday week together with loved ones. Contribute to our August rent — a little breathing room would mean a lot. Share resources or curriculum for advanced elementary studies — I’m homeschooling! Help me enroll in an advanced Spanish class. Support with vehicle tag renewal costs. Haircuts for the kiddos. New clothing for the little ones — they grow so fast! Help organizing and decluttering at home. Let me know if your address can be a reliable business address for LAPS correspondence. Let me know if you have a safe space to store a few treasured keepsakes from the kids’ (and my) childhood. Help us host a community birthday c...

Review of Chemorella by Ken Phillips and Katy Franco

Chemorella , Ken Phillips and Katy Franco’s color-bound, 57 page bilingual journey catapults readers into the world of cancer and the afterward. This story captures the rawness of emotional evolution of someone diagnosed with cancer. In these pages we witness the first injections of devastation, denial, fear, and finally the climax of letting go and choosing life over grief or giving up to the disease.  Phillips and Franco address the severity of cancer in a way that is expressive and humorous; and also written in a way that is always accessible to the reader by means of adopting the Cinderella Fairy Tale to Franco’s testimony. Like Cinderella, Chemorella is a lovely and beautiful woman with a lot of good spirit to share. However, Chemorella becomes stricken with a tragedy that many people don’t come back from, that is far more serious than anything Cinderella had faced. Though with nudges of negativity from her three “famously awful roommates,” and guidance from her super ...