Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New York State of...

New York State of...
Okay! Let's keep moving --

Mind is truly fertile in slumber;
dreams of hipsters  
wearing  grey dresses, 
playing tambourine and flipping their 
a-gendered hair.
It's all in the attitude -- 
silhouette of unfriendly swagga, 
never too keen to strangers.

They whip their pencil,
fold imaginary origami and watch them rain 
to the ground. -- 
So dreary, 
like Sunday, 
when you're playing between guilt, or just feeling good.
I choose my good all the time; 
consistently un-present. 
That's where I mellow --
until I'm probed long enough to speak: maybe I will.

~ Jessica M. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

VideoBar

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.