Skip to main content

Poet in LA - it all works out!

So what am I up to??? Here's what I've emailed over to my allies in "the scene".
I am super honored and humbled... all these features just came in a brilliant light!
Thank you, Los Angeles and thank you to my friends and those who believe in my work as a Poet.
I am an artist.
Love love!

* * * * * * * * * * *


Hello my friends,
I wanted to be sure to get the word out to you about some upcoming features and workshops that I will be holding this week! It's a privilege to close out Poetry Month with a bang! 

Thursday, April 30
Rooftop Poetry Workshop with Jessica M. Wilson, MFA
Topic: Beat Generation @ 6pm
$5

It all starts on Thursday, April 30th, the last day of Poetry Month, I'll be at The Hatchery, teaching a Poetry Workshop on the Beat Generation.

This is truly such an honor. It's something I have been wanting to do all my life and I feel so blessed that I have this opportunity to share what I love to do with the people.

This workshop is $5. It's held in the beautiful rooftop garden as we see the sun drape down into slumber.

Drinks, food, lesson, writing time, sharing... it's all good. We give critiques very respectfully. Come join us! 



Photo of the Poet above, by Alexis Rhone Fancher, (c)2014 

I know you will not be disappointed. The Hatchery is a great new resource for us Writers -- it's a complete and total office, write or read in total silence, or in community. Unlimited coffee and water, immaculate bathroom, printing, wifi, and air conditioning. Go up to the rooftop garden for the perfect inspiration to cure any writers' block. Check out: http://www.thehatcheryspace.com/


Friday May 1
Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural: 13197 Gladstone Unit A., Sylmar, CA
Poeta Jessica M. Wilson features @ 8pm
with open mic 

Happy May! I will rock my poetry en Español!
That's right, and I might have a song as well.

I'll be at Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural, the birthplace of palabra from the hearts and minds of Trini and Luis J. Rodriguez! I am so excited to be featuring. 
There will also be an open mic to the people. Bilingual and Spanish welcome. :)


Inline image 1



Saturday May 2
TU Studios: 10943 Camarillo St. North Hollywood, CA 91602
Poeta Jessica M. Wilson features @ 3:45pm
with open mic - 8 mins
Inline image 2


I am keeping busy and bringing craft books of poetry with me to sell! I hope you feel generous! I am so excited to bring a new spring show to the people of my neighborhood city, NoHo! I love NoHo...art sprouts from every corner. It's a lovely experience and keeps me creating! 

I hope to see you this weekend! Dr. Mary A. Mann and NoHo's Poet Laureate, Radomir V. Luza, do an excellent job curating a joyous show for the people! Join me folks! Let's go in masses! More poetry for everyone!

Alllllllllllllllllright! That's my update! 
Lots of love to you all and WRITE ON!  Thank you for all your support and well wishes. Much love!

Ahhh and I must also mention, I am a web designer/webmaster! I want to support my artists and friends. If you need any help with anything techie or web related, I could help you out for a modest fee! Love love love and peace!

Be well amigos! 
Love,
Jessica


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When everyone was quarantined, I felt like

  "When everyone was quarantined, I felt like..."           I was caged,  my cord cut,            the outside was in,       and I  wasn’t ready for that. I felt like I was out of time                 – no way to re-plan my life,  no way to be by anyone’s side. I like mapping the scene,     feel heat amongst a crowd,  and now, to stay away from them,  I have to hide. Close myself off  my nature,  to enjoy parties  dancing, all the things               feel more alive…  When that door shut, a hurricane hit. JMWC 9/22/20 from class, Panorama High School, 2020

1n10city

my brain is completely flooded i've rode this train before to a journey laden in cumbersome foot-stomps catching my frolic to the ground, tumbling over some man's arms, thick-legged brawn there is a part of me that says, 'you're too old for this'... maybe to know better is to be declarative and surrender to the certainties in life. however certain and present, the tornado will  follow. it's better to live submissive instead of dismissive to the velocity of life held out in front of you... like the last banana in the fruit bowl, or that chocolate cake you just want to lick. bowl to casket. each motion a delight.

In Honor of Mother Earth

Happy Earth Month!  Right now, we see the blossoms opening, the vines ripening -- the sweet smell of Spring is here! Congratulations to everyone for making it out of the darkness, in this frigid air... the dew of the damp Earth has sprouted many blessings.  Rake up the gentle soil and bring her into your circle. Let the abundance flow into your circle; enjoy the fragrance of your harvest. I wanted to offer up this powerful song; Madre Tierra , by Maya Jupiter. Her message is steady and daring to be spoken into the ears of all who dwell on and know Mother Earth.  Speak righteously, and take care. ~ Jessica ~