Skip to main content

On a new mission

Los Angeles is a mecca to all artists and vagabonds, to those easily bored, and to those who want to dream.
This is my city.

So I have a mission to help my poets. I may not know them personally, but I think it is essential to write into history the effective and influential poets that trek across Los Angeles; where 10 miles may feel like 100 miles in LA traffic. While the poor man might be the wisest man, I want to make sure everyone knows his name! You dig?

I'm writing LA Poets into the free encyclopedia...that is the wiki. Since I meet so many writers in this city, I aim to help promote them on a different level, by means of the public eye and the internal internet.

First on my list, my muse. Second could be you...

Comments

  1. Scrolls & Quills:

    Oh my god!
    How bright my eyes I focused on her, to quench my sighs that fell up on her!
    Did not my senses reveal a future told?
    Did I allow a misty vail to be obscure?
    Now latent years have passed me by; I sit alone just wondering why?
    This child so pure and keen, has set my life to be serene!
    That now before my very eyes, I see myself immortalized!
    Shes'quickends me beyond compare, she touches my soul to bid affair; eternal sufferage to where I dare!
    I am compelled to make that claim, to where I'm destend I have no shame, I love my daughter all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is lovely! :) I do appreciate the support and so glad you saw this page! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm heading to the Moon!

     Since I was a little girl, I was in love with wind, the land, and the proximity of the moon. Her glowing face shed just enough grace to soothe my tears in its quiet light.  I felt the depth of her passion, her longing, her loneliness, her strength. I sought the eyes of her face; along with their color, and holding smile. She traced me along the footprint I patted down; little girl beating brown; a tiny hand of mud. 

Tangled in more Grapevines

Ways You Can Support 💜 Dear Friends, As I navigate some meaningful transitions this season, I’m reaching out with gratitude and humility. If you feel called to support, here are a few ways your kindness could truly help me and my little family right now: Help us get to León (August 14–21) so the kids and I can spend our birthday week together with loved ones. Contribute to our August rent — a little breathing room would mean a lot. Share resources or curriculum for advanced elementary studies — I’m homeschooling! Help me enroll in an advanced Spanish class. Support with vehicle tag renewal costs. Haircuts for the kiddos. New clothing for the little ones — they grow so fast! Help organizing and decluttering at home. Let me know if your address can be a reliable business address for LAPS correspondence. Let me know if you have a safe space to store a few treasured keepsakes from the kids’ (and my) childhood. Help us host a community birthday c...

Review of Chemorella by Ken Phillips and Katy Franco

Chemorella , Ken Phillips and Katy Franco’s color-bound, 57 page bilingual journey catapults readers into the world of cancer and the afterward. This story captures the rawness of emotional evolution of someone diagnosed with cancer. In these pages we witness the first injections of devastation, denial, fear, and finally the climax of letting go and choosing life over grief or giving up to the disease.  Phillips and Franco address the severity of cancer in a way that is expressive and humorous; and also written in a way that is always accessible to the reader by means of adopting the Cinderella Fairy Tale to Franco’s testimony. Like Cinderella, Chemorella is a lovely and beautiful woman with a lot of good spirit to share. However, Chemorella becomes stricken with a tragedy that many people don’t come back from, that is far more serious than anything Cinderella had faced. Though with nudges of negativity from her three “famously awful roommates,” and guidance from her super ...