With over 100 Poets representing the voices of Los Angeles, 100 Thousand Poets for Change/Musicians for Change, settles in the iconic and historic Literary Arts Center, Beyond Baroque in Venice, California.
Our mic is no stranger to the struggle for representation of the “unseen and unheard”. We’re proud to be a part of worldwide history, as we unite and stand up for CHANGE!
Schedule of Events
11am-11pm, Beyond Baroque indoor theater: 681 Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
- 11am to 12pm: Open Mic for Change (arrive early to get on the list or RSVP email@example.com) 7 minute limit
- 12pm to 1pm: Luivette Resto hosts poetry
- 1pm to 2pm: Jessica Wilson hosts poetry from Jessica Ceballos, Jayson Pida, James Berkowitz, Lee Boek, Mike the Poet Sonksen, Apryl Skies, Cklara Moradian, Charles L. Davis, Jukio the CongaPoet
- 2pm to 3pm: Abel Salas hosts poetry
- 3pm to 4pm: Melissa Alvarado hosts poetry
- 4pm to 5pm: Sean Hill hosts poetry and music
- 5pm to 6pm: Featuring spoken word and poetry from Rich Ferguson, Ellyn Maybe
- 6pm to 7pm: Billy Burgos hosts poetry from Richard Modiano, Pete Justus
- 7pm to 8pm: Jeffrey Alan Rochlin hosts poetry from Dori Marler, Jenifer Tener, Georgia Jones-Davis, Conney Williams, Doug Knott
- 8pm to 9pm: Mark Lipman hosts Revolutionary Poets Brigade Poetry Panel, featuring Isaac Sundiata, Rex Butters, Dee Allen, Gia Scott-Heron, Matt Sedillo, Antonieta Villamil, Ross Altman
- 9pm to 10pm: Gia Scott-Heron hosts poetry
- 10pm to 11pm: Antonieta Villamil hosts La Poesia featuring Musicians: Angela Roa, Joe Cumbé, and Poets: Dukardo Hinestrosa, Julio Benítez, Roberto Leni, Carolina Rivera, Raúl Arredondo, Antonio Ventura, Celerino Hernández, Antonieta Villamil. Open mic in Spanish inlcuding: Alejandro Molina, Francia Espinoza, Ricardo Rodas, and more!
POTLUCK: Bring bites, take bites. Bring some cash for donations on the goodies. All funds will go towards paying our Tech Director for the event.
PARKING: is free
ENTRY: is free