Skip to main content

Los Angeles at 100 Thousand Poets for Change (100TPC), Spring Forward in Santa Rosa, CA!

That's right! Angelenos came from far to Santa Rosa, California, a city rich in railroad history, paying homage to the beloved Charles Schultz, and birthplace of 100TPC! Since 2010, 100TPC has come together bringing the world's love for poetry, art, music, dance, and many more soon [and growing!] -- with the desire to see our world change! World is relative -- because we are all representing our own world's of thought, experiences, nuances, and gravitys, as we fuse our geographic boundaries.

It all started with the Poets! When the Poets see... they share. They want the eyes of the world to recognize...and at last, here we are.

100 Thousand plus...
                                                                         ............for Change.

When Mohammad Ibn Al Ajami is done unjust, in representing his world, his reality, for what it is, what it has unfolded...he shares his words, his truths. As a Poet he must...it is essential to us and to those within our world who either do not see, or are not being heard.

It all starts with a Poet...and it has.

We are 100 Thousand and more...
                                                                   ...............for FREEING Mohammad Ibn Al Ajami!!!!!!!



The above video was recited at 100 TPC Spring Forward, words by Poet Antonieta Villamil.

To sign a petition to urge for release of Poet Mohammed Ibn Al Ajami, please visit this site: http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=7041

We need to see our Poet free!!!
Share the above link and publicize this treachery so that together, we can overturn the courts and release our Poet from imprisonment!

I encourage you all to use your voice and pen together, as it is a blessing (which we take for granted) to be able to speak out for change in the areas dear to us and take action towards true change.

Let's not stop the fight for Mohammed Ibn Al Ajami!
WRITE ON! WRITE NOW! BE HEARD!

Peace to you all.

Jessica M. Wilson





Photos & Videos from 100 TPC, Spring Forward

Location: Arlene Francis Center in Santa Rosa, CA

April 5-8, 2013








The Arlene Francis Center, within the historic railroad district

Celebrate Poetry for Change!


Poet Jessica Wilson from LA 100 TPC









The "Chief" of 100TPC, Michael Rothenberg and the iHOP team, Riis Larsen and Jake Ward!


Michael Rothenberg addressing the audience of 100TPC Spring Forward!




Music & Performance



Onye and The Messengers jam with a fusion of sounds to move your soul!




Onye!


Jessica Wilson's "Poetry Gear" and Art created on site by Artists






Terri Carrion and Michael Rothenberg with friends and Poets
Santa Rosa Poet, Youssef Alaoui












Antonieta Villamil of 100 TPC Los Angeles and Bilingual Organizer for 100TPC










Julio "the CongaPoet" Rodriguez representing Los Angeles and revolutionary voices!








Masaba of The Last Poets, laying down some rhythm.




Awesome! (Wish this came out clearer)


Mark Lipman of 100TPC Los Angeles and the Revolutionary Poets Brigade











Terri Carrion with Jessica Wilson, Poets and Friends outside the Arlene Francis Center.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1n10city

my brain is completely flooded i've rode this train before to a journey laden in cumbersome foot-stomps catching my frolic to the ground, tumbling over some man's arms, thick-legged brawn there is a part of me that says, 'you're too old for this'... maybe to know better is to be declarative and surrender to the certainties in life. however certain and present, the tornado will  follow. it's better to live submissive instead of dismissive to the velocity of life held out in front of you... like the last banana in the fruit bowl, or that chocolate cake you just want to lick. bowl to casket. each motion a delight.

Sort of a Downer

It's birthday season again!  Yay...  (sarcasm) Gosh, it has been a while since Covid19 made its debut... I think I was thinking it would be gone by now. Yes, the foolish fantasy that we could continue with our lives after 2 weeks of lockdown, but here is August. It's nearly my birthday and I have been wrapping my head around just what I can do to celebrate. Sure, you can say, go low key. Or, "why not be low key, Jessica. Why's it gotta be a big party?". Well, to counter that I'd say, "F&*k off, it's my birthday bish!" But really , I would probably say: 1. I just came out of 3 years of being "Mama", as in new momma, as in "where the hell did Jessica go", as in "when the hell is Jessica coming back?" as in "what do the kids need now?" I haven't been out in a long time. Definitely not the way I used to go out.  2. It's a milestone birthday! Let me rock my milestone and set it off! That's what I

When everyone was quarantined, I felt like

  "When everyone was quarantined, I felt like..."           I was caged,  my cord cut,            the outside was in,       and I  wasn’t ready for that. I felt like I was out of time                 – no way to re-plan my life,  no way to be by anyone’s side. I like mapping the scene,     feel heat amongst a crowd,  and now, to stay away from them,  I have to hide. Close myself off  my nature,  to enjoy parties  dancing, all the things               feel more alive…  When that door shut, a hurricane hit. JMWC 9/22/20 from class, Panorama High School, 2020