Skip to main content

In Loving Memory of Anthony St. Jude Greene

My best friend died Sunday, July 24, 2011.
Best and oldest friend...a brother and someone connected to my soul throughout life.

It's not entirely real to me...we'd always talk, plan trips to see each other. This is going to be hard.

He struggled a lot throughout his life; his weight problem, respiratory issues, sensitivity in general as he got older and heavier.
It's a damn shame. He was a very strong man. Very strong! He'd fight off death for years. :)
He'd joke about it a lot...saying that death is gonna have to fight harder because he's not giving up.

His heart gave out, his body had enough trauma. He just had to let go, we have to acknowledge that he lived hard, fought well, died nobly.

We'd joke about our heritage...we had much of the same mix of mutt in us, which was quite unique. He was also the son of many many vikings! Norsemen were tough, full of valor and grit, arghhhhhhh! Those medieval times men had nothing on Anthony Greene. :)
Nothin!

It's unbelievable how badly I am going to miss him.
33 years old. He knew me. The true "meebies"...(my nickname)...truer than I'd ever be able to see.

I see him too. Antny Greene...Grrrrrrrrrrrrreene, the Irishman...lover of wolves, horror flicks, and Alyssa Milano.  haha He got me into Karate, knives, Laurel K. Hamilton, taught me how to clean a pool, play some video games, clip bonsai trees, love unconditionally.

This is my brother.

















I love you, brother!<3 Rest peacefully.

Comments

  1. Jessica, This is Dexter, Anthony's friend.
    Marlene contacted me via Facebook just after Anthony died, but facebook never told me I had the message, so unfortunately, I just discovered this today.
    I'm so deeply saddened by this... Ive never met someone with such an indestructible, enduring soul- this just confuses my whole being. I tried to call him in June when I was visiting California, with no answer sadly. Was he ill at this time? Can you give me some more details? my email address is caldechrome@gmail.com I really would like to hear more about what happened.
    The connection I had with him was so immediate, wonderful and strong. I really really loved and still love him very much.
    I'm sorry that I found out so late.
    -Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dex, I'm going to send you an email. It's good to hear from you, sorry it's such bad news :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm heading to the Moon!

     Since I was a little girl, I was in love with wind, the land, and the proximity of the moon. Her glowing face shed just enough grace to soothe my tears in its quiet light.  I felt the depth of her passion, her longing, her loneliness, her strength. I sought the eyes of her face; along with their color, and holding smile. She traced me along the footprint I patted down; little girl beating brown; a tiny hand of mud. 

Tangled in more Grapevines

Ways You Can Support 💜 Dear Friends, As I navigate some meaningful transitions this season, I’m reaching out with gratitude and humility. If you feel called to support, here are a few ways your kindness could truly help me and my little family right now: Help us get to León (August 14–21) so the kids and I can spend our birthday week together with loved ones. Contribute to our August rent — a little breathing room would mean a lot. Share resources or curriculum for advanced elementary studies — I’m homeschooling! Help me enroll in an advanced Spanish class. Support with vehicle tag renewal costs. Haircuts for the kiddos. New clothing for the little ones — they grow so fast! Help organizing and decluttering at home. Let me know if your address can be a reliable business address for LAPS correspondence. Let me know if you have a safe space to store a few treasured keepsakes from the kids’ (and my) childhood. Help us host a community birthday c...

Review of Chemorella by Ken Phillips and Katy Franco

Chemorella , Ken Phillips and Katy Franco’s color-bound, 57 page bilingual journey catapults readers into the world of cancer and the afterward. This story captures the rawness of emotional evolution of someone diagnosed with cancer. In these pages we witness the first injections of devastation, denial, fear, and finally the climax of letting go and choosing life over grief or giving up to the disease.  Phillips and Franco address the severity of cancer in a way that is expressive and humorous; and also written in a way that is always accessible to the reader by means of adopting the Cinderella Fairy Tale to Franco’s testimony. Like Cinderella, Chemorella is a lovely and beautiful woman with a lot of good spirit to share. However, Chemorella becomes stricken with a tragedy that many people don’t come back from, that is far more serious than anything Cinderella had faced. Though with nudges of negativity from her three “famously awful roommates,” and guidance from her super ...