Skip to main content

Beatnik Poets! Here comes Danny Baker!

A fun part of my job that I made is that I get to host superstar: writers, thinkers, philosophers, artists, musicians... Creative people that bring a sense of love to my artistically flawed heart.
My knowledge nutrients and creative chemo...

Well... that said, this Wednesday, July 2nd, I get to host a real punk...rock...beat...nik...Prose/Poet!!!  :)
DANNY BAKER! Baker was the first author to be published by Punk Hostage Press, editors are the infamous LA duo, Iris Berry and A Razor!

What a crew! I am so honored -- this self-admitted 3rd Generation Beatnik -- has found her family, or maybe her family has found her! Nevertheless, come to the show this coming WRITER WEDNESDAY!!!

Baker has a new book that will be coming off the presses of Oneiros Books, Death in the Key of Life! What a title that one is... Death, in the key of...Life. Love the dual irony. Sort of a palindrome of ironical sorts!
Mmmhmm -- dissect the elements! You will find, in much of Baker's prose, that you will want to eat it in small bites, but definitely finish the entire plate! His language is a tongue roller coaster (and I love it!)...but one can easily fall into the fun without really digesting meaning. Please digest the meaning! Words were meant to be heard and understood.

All that said... here are the show details, come on down and buy Death in the Key of Life -- Danny will be able to sign copies at the show!

~~~~ Write on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm heading to the Moon!

     Since I was a little girl, I was in love with wind, the land, and the proximity of the moon. Her glowing face shed just enough grace to soothe my tears in its quiet light.  I felt the depth of her passion, her longing, her loneliness, her strength. I sought the eyes of her face; along with their color, and holding smile. She traced me along the footprint I patted down; little girl beating brown; a tiny hand of mud. 

Tangled in more Grapevines

Ways You Can Support 💜 Dear Friends, As I navigate some meaningful transitions this season, I’m reaching out with gratitude and humility. If you feel called to support, here are a few ways your kindness could truly help me and my little family right now: Help us get to León (August 14–21) so the kids and I can spend our birthday week together with loved ones. Contribute to our August rent — a little breathing room would mean a lot. Share resources or curriculum for advanced elementary studies — I’m homeschooling! Help me enroll in an advanced Spanish class. Support with vehicle tag renewal costs. Haircuts for the kiddos. New clothing for the little ones — they grow so fast! Help organizing and decluttering at home. Let me know if your address can be a reliable business address for LAPS correspondence. Let me know if you have a safe space to store a few treasured keepsakes from the kids’ (and my) childhood. Help us host a community birthday c...

Review of Chemorella by Ken Phillips and Katy Franco

Chemorella , Ken Phillips and Katy Franco’s color-bound, 57 page bilingual journey catapults readers into the world of cancer and the afterward. This story captures the rawness of emotional evolution of someone diagnosed with cancer. In these pages we witness the first injections of devastation, denial, fear, and finally the climax of letting go and choosing life over grief or giving up to the disease.  Phillips and Franco address the severity of cancer in a way that is expressive and humorous; and also written in a way that is always accessible to the reader by means of adopting the Cinderella Fairy Tale to Franco’s testimony. Like Cinderella, Chemorella is a lovely and beautiful woman with a lot of good spirit to share. However, Chemorella becomes stricken with a tragedy that many people don’t come back from, that is far more serious than anything Cinderella had faced. Though with nudges of negativity from her three “famously awful roommates,” and guidance from her super ...